Wednesday 31 August 2011

Playing cribs at Mnemba

OK....So as of yesterday, Judi Fourie and @RichieTewnion, the ex-chefs of Mnemba left the island as they bid farewell and headed off on there new adventures, ultimately ended up at the Mozambiquan island of Vamizi. Thus leaving the roost, so to say, in the hand of @BrendanStein1 and myself now the newly appointed heads of Mnemba island Kitchen.



So undoubtedly there will be an increased work load and intensity but honestly the one I have been waiting to happen for ages. I understand that there are huge responsibilties and also the pssoibility of error. My dedication that I have adopted in sheer admiration of the opportunities, that I have in my new lifestyle, is what will help to succeed in all of the challenges set in my way.

Well...enough of the corny and time for the slightly guilty pleasure I have of showing off a little about where I live...So to explain the short story, Brendan and I were temporarily situated in the old managers house (Pic in previous posts, the one with the hammock), it had 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, and Lounge complete with DSTV. It did often turn into a communial area in light of the trinations rugby as well as Football and the impending Rugby worldcup that kicks off in 9 days!!!!
Well to cut the long story short, as of Richie and Judy's departure, there house became available and rules on the island are, its not considered theft as long as it stays on the island. As in furniture becomes a free for all as of a vacancy :)









I have arrived today and well let the reeds do the talking :)

Not entirely sure what to do with a bed thats width is longer as me when I stretch my toes as far away from my fingers as possible :) But then as many of you will probably comment, thats not too hard....hahaha. But seriously its huge.




The whole house is built out of reeds and has a ensuite bathroom. As I am able to write this to you, think about the fact that I am on an island 1600m squared and yet I have full wireless internet, hard life hey.
Then of course there is the view outwards of my stoep so to speak. My only query is...Where am I gonna hang my hammock?


So now that I sound truly spoilt and you can see it to, I am gonna run off to dinner.
PS: To all of those I should thank for letting this be for me, THANK YOU!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment